Have you had unsuccessful hernia repair operations before?
Can you relate yourself to any of the following conditions?
· Incisional hernia
· Recurrent hernias
· A wound that develops after a hernia repair
· Infection that develops after a surgery
If yes, then abdominal wall reconstruction surgery is the solution to your problem!
Abdominal wall reconstruction is a surgical procedure used to restore the structural and functional integrity of the abdominal muscles.
After an AWR surgery, the patient will regain the strength and functionality of the abdominal core, reducing symptomatic pain associated with daily activities and reducing the chances of other hernia-related complications. Hernias and other abdominal wall defects can greatly affect your quality of life. Complex hernias of the abdominal wall can occur after previous abdominal or hernia surgery. Pain, difficulty with physical activities, poorly fitting clothing, and intestinal problems are often seen in patients with large hernias. Patients suffering from hernia could be experiencing backache and stress on the spine due to the increasing size of the hernia. Long-standing hernias can result in twisting of the intestines and bowel, resulting in bowel obstruction and strangulation.
But with the help of AWR surgery performed by one of the best Abdominal Wall Reconstruction (AWR) and Bariatric Surgeon in Mumbai, one can live a normal life and get back to doing what they love. The dynamic nature of AWR allows surgeons to repair complex hernias and defects of the abdominal wall.
So, what are you thinking about?
Visit Dr.Harsh Sheth, the best Abdominal Wall Reconstruction (AWR) and Bariatric Surgeon in Mumbai, for AWR surgery to get back to living a normal life.
Before the surgery, specific pre-procedure instructions will be given to you by the surgeon in Mumbai, which is as follows-
· Avoid eating or drinking anything at least 8 hours before the surgery.
· If you smoke, avoid it for at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
· Avoid taking blood-thinning medication 5-7 days prior to surgery.
Now let’s discuss what happens during and after surgery.
On the day of the surgery, you will be given general anesthesia. Our experienced AWR surgeon in Mumbai will approach the defect with a horizontal scar. Once the abdominal skin is separated from the affected area, the weakened muscles and tissues will be reshaped, placing them into a natural position. These layers sometimes will then be reinforced using surgical mesh to strengthen the muscles. Finalizing with sutures and closing the incision.
· Antibiotics and painkillers are administered.
· A surgical drain is placed during surgery which is removed after a day or two.
· The dressing is removed after 24-72 hours.
· Depending on the extent of reconstruction, the patient is discharged between 2-7 days.
· Patients can walk slowly with support after two days
· There may be bruising and swelling, which eventually subsides.
· Pain, swelling, bruising would reduce in a week or 2 after surgery.
· Patients would be able to walk around comfortably after 5-7 days.
· The result may take a few months following surgery in case of major reconstruction.
· After four to six weeks, patients can continue pre-operative activities, including exercise and sexual intercourse.
· Regular follow-ups and visits to your surgeon in Mumbai are needed to check the healing.
· The top AWR surgeon in Mumbai may advise you to eat healthily and refrain from smoking for better healing.
Before AWR surgery, patients suffer from muscle weakness that impairs their quality of life and experience decreased mobility and confidence issues.
But after the surgery, significant improvement is seen in their condition.
Dr. Harsh Sheth, the best abdominal wall reconstruction surgeon in Mumbai, with the help of AWR surgery, has helped patients regain the ability to do a variety of routine activities, from standing in their kitchen cooking meals to exercising and returning to work.
Abdominal wall reconstruction surgery has helped patients get back to doing what they love.
Abdominal wall reconstruction surgery is the path to a better and more confident living!
So, what are you waiting for?
Visit Dr. Harsh Sheth, the most experienced AWR Surgeon in Mumbai, for abdominal wall reconstruction surgery!
It is now time to get back to your normal life!
It is now time to live your life to the fullest and enjoy each moment of your life by doing what you love!
It is now time to walk on the path of happiness and confidence!